The Community’s support for Protea Properties’ development proposal finally persuaded SANDAG’s Board of Directors to vote in favor of dropping the eminent domain lawsuit!
VACANT LOT UPDATE 9/22/16- 4:23 PM-Rory Devine of Channel 7 NEWS completed an interview today with James LaMattery, Spokesperson for RTB/BayParkBoardwalk at the Vacant Lot. All of the issues surrounding the seizure of the lot by SANDAG were covered. The broadcast was scheduled for 4 & 6 pm today was pulled at the last minute, due to a Breaking News story re: standoff in Pacific Beach. We are awaiting response from Rory as to when it will be broadcast and will send out email alerts.
- Protea reached out to the Committee to help understand the community’s build-out of the lot, prior to application for permits.
- Protea’s initial conceptual designs include an anchor tenant grocery, such as Trader Joe’s, which the community desires for the location
- Protea is meeting SANDAG’s requirements for parking, power station and bus stop to facilitate the Clairemont Trolley Station
- Protea’s president, Jeffrey Essakow, agreed with Committee’s request to field resident’s questions, concerns, suggestions and ideas for the build-out of the site.
- Protea is a San Diego based development group.
- Protea has a good track record of working to obtain community support prior to development of their projects (Flower Hill Mall, Sea Port Village “Spire Plan“)
*Although committee members support Protea, we recognize that each resident/community member must decide for themselves. We have scheduled an event for residents to attend so that each individual can decide for themselves whether or not to support Protea.